Tuesday, July 3, 2012

No More Nice Mama...

You ever get to the point where you feel you are up to your very limit with your kids? I get so damn tired of saying the same thing over and over again. So I am done! DONE. Joseph, my angel, he is such a good boy but he is getting lazy. I realized I am allowing it. He forgets to brush his teeth, he forgets to pick his stuff up in the living room, he forgets to do his daily chores..... He is just forgetting everything!!! Both Papa and I have talked with him and I realized yesterday that talking is not working.

Yesterday there was a photo floating around on FB and I loved it so much I did one myself for Joseph. You take a plastic bin, lable it "Ut-Oh Mom had to pick up your stuff again.... so you must do a chore to have your stuff again" and next to this label is an envelope with chores to do. For each item left in the living room he has to do a chore to get one item back. He left so much stuff in the living room I put the most important four items in the bin, his A's base ball cap, his wallet, his pillow and his Spiderman blanket... When Joseph came home yesterday evening, he WAS NOT happy to to see this..... BUT it worked!!! He busted "a move" to get his stuff back, picking a chore for each item I put in the bin. This morning there wasn't anything left in the living room that was his.

About his teeth brushing, I really laid down the law. I told him for every teeth brushing he forgets, it will be a one butt spank. We have talked and talked and talked and explained and explained and so on and so on...on how important your teeth are and he STILL doesn't get it. We have given him asentives such as money for everytime he has brushed his teeth and it still doesn't work. So... IM DONE and a butt spank it is. His eyes went like saucers when I said this. So far, it has worked. He brushed his teeth last night and this morning without having us to remind him.

I slept so good last night, no enough sleep because I woke up at 6am to study for day two of my English midterm.

I am very emotional. I cry at everything...fuzzy kittens on TV, some random stranger I read about on the internet that needs major surgery or annoying people in Walmart. I want this phase to be done with!!!!!!

This weekend's homework: read 60 pages in my novel, write 4 500 word essays, type out Essay 3 and 50 pages in my grammar workbook. I don't have school Wed or Thurs so I have a bit of time to do this. Phew.

No comments: