Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I am emotionally so done with pumping. I have been pumping for almost three months and I am done with it. I find it very hard. I love that I am providing for Laura and she is doing so well on it but I am so tired, all of the time. I don't think my milk ever really came like it has in the past and pumping is hard work when it is done right. Thats up every three hours with 30min on the pump 24/7. I asked for meds that would help my milk come in even more and it has helped but still, I am not getting much. I think trying to dry up will be very easy. I am dealing with my third bought of mastitis. I  had it about 10 days ago and my meds didn't do the trick and it is coming back. My milk on that affected side has almost dried up, I am only getting an ounce per pumping session the last two days. 


I found peace with Laura. Since the hormones hit late, I felt like I had double time to get a hold of them. I was getting dry ice for my next milk shipment and the young gal who was helping me asked me, just to make conversation, what the dry ice was for and I told her. I was pumping milk for my surro babe and I am shipping it out today. Instead of that immediate pang of pain that comes with telling a stranger about what I do, I was at peace with the conversation. 


Now if I could get this mastitis to be gone and get Sept over with, I will be okay. Started full time online college and I could really use the energy for that.

1 comment:

Surogacy said...

You are the heroine! How else you call it. You are giving a new life, the life of the long-awaited child, who is doomed to happiness. The surrogacy permits to more and more childless (for the health reasons) couples to give birth to their own child. For biological parents, the surrogate mother becomes like is a family member, a person who understands their problem. The surrogacy is legal in several countries and the law is different everywhere. In India, a child born there is considered as an Indian citizen. In Russia, the surrogate mother is considered as a mother of a child she carried and it’s up to her to decide whether to give the child to the biological parents or not. In Ukraine, the surrogate mother has no rights to the child. In the United States only a few states allow the programs on legal basis for the big money amounts (around 100 thousand dollars).