Been a good week since I posted. Been feeling bad and not my usual self. One evening, a couple of days ago I started to have some slight pressure on my chest. It was really weird, I had never experienced anything like this before. I didn't have any other pains anywhere else, baby was moving so that wasn't an issue. I ate dinner, noticed eating wasn't an issue but still noticed this pressure feeling was getting more annoying. Decided against folding that load of laundry and cleaning up the dinner dishes. I had mentioned to Harv that I had this pressure that was turning into pain and it was not going away. I noticed if I moved much it was hurt more, not a huge pain, maybe a 1-2 on a pain scale with 10 being the worst. I was tired and thought some sleep would make it better, maybe I was just really need a quiet night. I woke up around 3am on my side in real pain, not longer the annoying pressure. I knew this wasn't going to go away, if it was gas it should have gone by this point. If it was a heart issue, I needed to be seen right away. Harv was sleeping on the couch, I woke him. I was fully dressed, keys, phone, wallet and book in hand heading out to the ER. My purse was too heavy to carry, it physically hurt to carry it. I noticed it hurt to pull on my pants also when I was getting dressed! He was immediately alarmed, we quickly discussed that he would stay home with Joe while I went, school was in a couple of hours and who knew how long I would be. I feel better if I knew Joe was quietly sleeping in his Speed Racer bed while I was going into the ER. Told Harv I would call him when I knew more and told myself if this was serious I would wake up my guys to tell them right away was going on. Thankfully the ER was empty, I got right in to see the doctor. A quick EKG showed nothing of concern. Baby sounded good, cervix was high and tight, no swelling of my limbs. They started an IV, hooked me up to a heart monitor for four hours and waited while all of my blood work came back. I was very tired, I just wanted to know what was going on, TG the baby was active and TG my heart looked normal. Doctor came in and gave me another exam of my chest, touching my collar bone, then towards my breast bone seeing how much pain I was in. Let me stop everyone right here... I was laying perfectly still in the bed for a reason, if flippin' hurt to move in any direction!!!! I was laying there quietly waiting on my test results reading my book!!!!~~For a reason, it HURT to move!!!!! So the Doctor, touched the side of my breast bone a little firm and I immediately grabbed his hand and started to really cry. He was VERY surprised! He said, he didn't think I was in THAT much pain, I didn't look like it. DUH, it hurt to move so I was laying VERY still!!!! He was very apologetic and ordered some immediate pain meds, something safe for pregnancy. He again said he was sorry and said those pains meds would be right out along with a chest Xray. Xray showed nothing, I was clear. Finally able to get some pain relief, which was kind of nerve wracking, they gave me a pain med that I hadn't had before and I was scared that it would make me to start throwing up. They backed it up with anti-nausea meds. Anyhow, the blood work finally came back and it showed everything normal, all blood levels/hormone levels to be healthy. Doctor said it was an inflammation of the rib cartilage, which it is not uncommon in pregnancy but unusual in the rib cage area. Went home with an anti-inflammatory and pain meds. Harv came and picked me up, I was so relieved to see him. When that little voice inside says I should go into the bathroom because I was about to get sick.... I should have listened!!!! Since it was about time to get Joe to school both Harv and Joe picked me up, just as we drove up to the school, I started to throw up!!!!! TG, again, I had brought a sweatshirt because that was the only thing I had.
Such a lovely ending to a fabulous morning!
Right now, I feel okay. Still feel a little of the pain but it is going away. Still hurts to lay on my side at night and I feel winded easily. Hopefully next will be better!!!
2 comments:
We are thinking about you!!!
Hope all is well!
JJ&E
I can only imagine how scared you must have been! I hope that the anti-inflams are helping, sweetie!! Keeping you and the baby in my thoughts and prayers!! Hugs.
Post a Comment