Okay, I promise to blog more, I do really miss it. I am currently 6wks pregnant with my current surrogacy, and my Intended Parents are over the moon. This will be their first live birth. Unfortunately my Intended Mother has a couple of second tri losses. In every surrogacy I do I learn something new or get reminded of something very important. One of the reasons I got into surrogacy is that I was witness to the pain of some close friends who experienced infertility. My currently couple is very open about their pain. Comments for example my intended father asked if I heard about a distraught Mother who drove her van into a cement embankment killing herself and her 1yr old son. He was very emotional when he said this, he said, "Why would a Mother do that?? If we would have known we would have taken that boy and raised him...." That struck me really hard. Of course they would have taken that boy or any child for that matter, they are desperate for a baby. Circumstances doesn't matter to them, race or creed doesn't matter to them, just having a baby. They keep saying Thank God for surrogacy over and over again.When I told my IM that I had gotten a positive pregnancy test and that the tests were getting darker, you hear her smiling over the phone!!! It was really wonderful. I was one of the moments I will never forget. We are all counting down to my 7/19 OB appointment. Hearing the heartbeat will be a wonderful birthday present to me since my birthday is on 7/22.
URGH, okay, onto my pain in the ass class I am taking this summer. I mistakenly agreed to take a condensed five unit English Composition class over the summer. Did I say condensed?? As in the class is only 10wks long but it is normally 16wks long and everything you would learn in 16wks, we are shoving it into 10wks! So in just this class alone I have an easy 25-30 hours a week in homework and/or studying. We started at the beginning of June, this Monday and Tuesday are our midterms (they will take two days to take in just one class). On top of that, this class is HARD. Really hard, so you have a short time to absorb a lot of info and if you don't learn it, you will be lost. I was lost the first three weeks with our grammar. I kept up in the Novel we are reading, They Poured Fire From the Sky on Us, which is based on the true story of four Lost Boys from the Sudan during the late 80's into the early 90's... SO GOOD! I have kept up also with the essays we are writing and most of the quizes. So I am doing okay.
Harvey update: Since getting out of the hospital he has lost another 12lbs and has his diabetes really under control. He is officially into size 2x which hasn't been this size in about 10yrs. Harv just had a bunch of blood taken and we are waiting to hear the results on that.
Jessica has come and gone already for the summer, she was down just a month. But she is a busy teenager, a senior in high school already, and she really wanted to go to Church camp and Cheer camp so I let her go. We were so busy when she was down and we didn't get to do a lot of things that we wanted to. She left wanting to do more with us and that is a good feeling to have. Jess will be here for two weeks at Christmas instead of her normal one week. SO We are VERY excited about that.
1 comment:
I don't know why your posts are not showing up in my dashboard. Glad to hear all is well. Let me know when you get a break, so we can do lunch and catch up. :)
Post a Comment